Join the CIS Team
Communities In Schools is changing the picture of education in Greenville County. Our team of diverse, positive leaders helps keep kids in school, eliminate barriers to success, and open doors to opportunities.
CIS of Greenville is seeking reliable, committed, compassionate individuals to join our team as AFTERSCHOOL INSTRUCTORS.
Are you an adult who believes in the power of caring relationships and highly values educational opportunities?
Are you available from 2:15pm – 5:45pm, Mondays-Thursdays?
If you said yes to both questions above, then you may be the perfect fit for one of our elementary school positions!
- Multiple positions available
- non-degreed individuals
- degreed individuals
- certified teachers
- Hourly rates begin at $22.50 for certified teachers and $16.00 for all others
To apply, please send your résumé and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will begin August 15th and 16th, and training begins the week of August 26th.
- Actively participate with students in second through fifth grade throughout all program activities creating a safe and enjoyable learning environment
- Enthusiastically engage and motivate students who may demonstrate disinterest in school and exhibit problem behaviors.
- Plan and/or implement class lessons in accordance with South Carolina Curriculum Standards suitable for students of varying abilities.
- Assist students with homework; become familiar with students’ homework expectations and areas of deficit.
- Maintain strengths-based classroom discipline with genuine concern for enhancing students’ self-esteem and problem solving skills and address individual student discipline issues.
- Model appropriate problem solving, manners, behavior, etc. for students on an on-going basis.
- Interact appropriately with students by speaking to students at all times with calm voices, appropriate language, and non-threatening body language.
- Ensure students adhere to all program and school rules and expectations during Afterschool and enforce rules with established Behavior Modification plan.
- With Student Support Specialist, maintain current and accurate records of Student Attendance and Participation, Bus and Car Rider Sign-Outs, Lesson Plans, and Monthly Check-Ins.
- Provide written feedback to Student Support Specialist as needed regarding student progress, discipline incidents, concerns, etc.
- Distribute snack to students per USDA guidelines and maintain accurate records regarding snack consumption.
- Assist in facilitating special programming events such as field trips, family night events, special guests, etc.
*Note: These Job Descriptions are not binding and may not be all-inclusive.
Help go #allinforkids by collaborating with us today!